Using essential oils in a diffuser is an enjoyable and effective way to experience aromatherapy in your home. Through air diffusion, a few drops of essential oil can deliver therapeutic aromatherapy throughout one or more rooms while clearing the air and creating a pleasantly fragrant environment.
1. Skin Care – Lemon essential oil is astringent and detoxifying. Its antiseptic properties help in treating and clearing skin. Lemon oil also reduces excessive oil on the skin. Add a few drops of the oil to facial cleanser to help remove dead skin cells.
2. Laundry – Add a few drops to your laundry cycle or to the final rinse cycle to freshen up your laundry. Your washing machine will also smell clean.
3. Disinfectant – Lemon oil is terrific to disinfect wooden cutting boards and kitchen counters. Soak kitchen cleaning cloths in a bowl of water with several drops of lemon oil to disinfect.
4. Degreaser (goo be gone) – Very effective in removing glues and labels that are difficult to remove. Lemon oil will also remove grease and grime from hands as well as tools and dishes.
5. Mood Booster/Concentration – Diffuse in the room or place a few drops in your hands, rub and inhale.
7. Hair/Nail Care – Lemon oil is an effective hair tonic and helps to eliminate dandruff while strengthening the hair.
8. Immune Support – Mix a few drops of lemon oil and coconut oil and rub on the back of the neck.
9. Feet Care – Add a few drops of lemon oil to help treat callouses, corns, and bunions.